Don’t let your web designer sell you things you don’t need; your site should be representative of your business and not a show-case for your web designers skills! After having persuaded your prospects to click through to your website it is criminal to lose them subsequently due to poor website design. So here are some useful tips to remember when dealing with website designers.
- The navigation should intuitive and easy - Keep It Simple & Stupid.
- Do not use unnecessary flash animation especially on landing pages if its not expected by your visitor. Flash has its uses, like presentation.
- Ensure that your website is mobile browser compliant because mobile browsing is expected to overtake desktop browsing by 2015 if not sooner.
- Avoid complicated or long subscription forms or buying process. Checkout this article: Online Registration Restricts Response.
- Ensure that your onsite search engine optimisation is done.
- Less is More. The content on each page should be to encourage your visitor to take, everything else is just noise.
- Ensure that you website renders well in all browsers, they primary ones are google, yahoo & bing.
- Add Website Analytics. It is amazing just how many website owners ignore this. The best free source is Google Analytics.
- Ensure your website is integrated/geared to support all your offline and online marketing.
- Every page content should have a purpose behind it, like:
> clarify or provide info
> click through to another page
> fill out a form
> make a purchase
> contact you via email, form or phone
> to download a file
> to subscribe (e.g. newsletter)
If you already have a website and would like a Free Analysis Of Your Website, simply Contact Us and we'll email a report to you within 48 hours.
Other Useful Links:
User interface design
Web safe fonts